Public Dog Parks in Austin and Buda
Austin Parks and Recreation Department operates 13 off-leash areas in Austin for you to enjoy with your dog. In general, all parks are free and open for public use each day from 5 AM to 10 PM unless otherwise posted. At times, access is limited or affected by events or maintenance issues. Most public dog parks are NOT fenced in. We list the few that are below the map. Please send us a tip if you find public-use parks, fenced or otherwise, that we have yet to post!
While in off-leash areas, please observe these rules:
• Dogs must be within sight and sound control of Owners/handlers at all times
• Dogs in heat are not allowed in off-leash areas
• Rabies vaccinations are required for all dogs as required by State Law
• Owners/handlers must clean up after their dogs and deposit waste into a trash can
• Aggressive dogs must be removed from public spaces immediately
Click here to see a detailed listing of off-leash parks in Austin.
And below is a map of public off-leash areas.
FENCED-IN Dog Parks
Outside of private HOA and apartment complex dog parks, public dog parks that are fenced in are hard to find. Here is a short list of the parks we’re aware of. We will update as we learn about more!
Call us or schedule an appointment online.
Meet with a doctor for an initial exam.
Put a plan together for your pet.