Flying to Frankfurt with Fido? Make sure it’s possible first! Airlines routinely change their pet travel policies, so before you travel (whether it’s domestic or international) be sure to call or check your airline’s pet travel policy page.
Every airline has very specific fees and policies. Breed, age, carrier and classification restrictions apply. We’ve listed popular US carrier pet pages and phone numbers here for your convenience:
- Alaska Airlines – pet policies 1-800-252-7522
- American Airlines – pet policies 1-800-433-7300
- Delta – pet policies 1-800-221-1212
- Frontier – pet policies 1-801-401-9000
- Hawaiian Airlines – pet policies 1-800-367-5320
- JetBlue – pet policies 1-800-538-2583
- Southwest Airlines – pet policies 1-800-435-9792
- Spirit Airlines – pet policies 1-801-401-2222
- United Airlines – pet policies 1-800-864-8331
Travel Health Certificates
Airlines require pet travelers to be vaccinated, and a health certificate from a licensed vet generally within a week of travel. Manchaca Village Veterinary Care can provide vaccination documentation and a health certificate for established clients. Please call us at 512-838-2273 with any questions you may have about getting your pet’s documentation ready.
Call us or schedule an appointment online.
Meet with a doctor for an initial exam.
Put a plan together for your pet.