Founded in 1975, Manchaca Village Veterinary Care (“MVVC”) is one of the most established and respected animal hospitals in South Austin. MVVC sits on Austin’s south-most border on Manchaca Road at FM 1626, serving a broad spectrum of clients from South Austin, Manchaca, Buda and San Leanna. Candidates are encouraged to check out the rest of the site to familiarize yourself with our hospital. And by all means, feel free to stop in and talk to us—we’d love to meet you!
Who We’re Looking For
We staff a highly-experienced, compassionate team of professionals with a valuable mix of medical acumen and client-focused service. As we grow, we continue to search for veterinary professionals who are passionate about upholding these standards. To maintain a high-quality experience for our valued clients and pets, we seek out staff candidates who strive to exceed.
Depending on the position that’s open, there are varying levels of veterinary experience required. But all candidates must be naturally personable, able to communicate confidently and professionally to our clients, and provide compassionate care to their pets.
Benefits for full-time employees include competitive hourly wages, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) plan with company match, paid holidays, vacation/sick, short-term leave, bereavement, and profit-sharing bonuses. Other benefits include pet care discounts, quarterly staff outings, coffee & snacks, and more! We invest heavily in our employees’ long-term growth and happiness!
All of our most common staff job descriptions are listed out below. Not all positions are open at any given time, but openings form as we continue to grow.
SURGICAL AND GENERAL VETERINARY TECHNICIANS
(Minimum 3 years experience)
We seek well-experienced professionals who can hit the ground running and provide top notch care to the high standard our clients deserve and expect.
- Administration of anesthesia, intubation, surgical preparation, patient monitoring and recovery.
- Dental cleaning including scaling, sub-gingival curettage, polishing and probing.
- Blood draw, IV catheter placement
- Running routine lab work including CBC’s, chemistries, urinalysis and others
- Client relation skills including answering general pet care questions, reviewing & making recommendations regarding annual vaccinations according to hospital protocols, and relaying general discharge instructions.
- Physically capable of lifting and restraining large dogs. (We do have lift tables to assist with lifting.)
- Good animal handling and restraint for both dogs and cats.
- Clear, positive communications skills both oral and written.
- Comfortable with computers and electronic equipment
- Familiar with vet clinic settings, flow and dynamics
- Licensed techs and/or bilingual a plus but not required.
- Minimum 3 years experience and bilingual preferred but not required.
CLIENT CARE SPECIALIST
The ideal reception candidates must have great communication skills, be friendly, patient, professional, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task.
- Answering a multi-line phone system
- Greeting clients and patients in a clear, confident and respectful manner
- Scheduling and confirming appointments
- Checking patients in and out
- Collecting fees, processing/balancing end-of-day reports, as well as other clerical duties.
- Computer proficiency including email communications, and web-based software systems.
- A working knowledge of Infinity vet software a plus (but we will train if not).
- Attention to detail and adherence to protocol and procedures
- Bi-lingual a plus but not required.
KENNEL ASSISTANT / ANIMAL HANDLER
This is a great experience for pre-vet students and future technicians. Must be dependable and in good physical condition. Job entails lifting dogs up to 60 pounds, being on your feet for hours at a time, frequent walking, stooping and crouching, handling large and/or excited animals, withstanding inclement weather for short periods of time, and flexibility to work holidays. Kennel experience a plus.
- Cleaning of cat and dog cages, scrubbing kennels.
- Feeding and walking boarded pets.
- Washing boarded pets and nail trimming.
- Keeping accommodations sanitary, maintaining grounds.
- Assisting doctors and technicians with lifting large dogs and handling of pets during exams.
- Janitorial duties including vacuuming and mopping.
- Monitoring boarded pets.
- Changing outdoor marquee sign messaging.
- Attention to detail and adherence to protocol and procedures.
Call us or schedule an appointment online.
Meet with a doctor for an initial exam.
Put a plan together for your pet.