The doctors at Manchaca Village Veterinary Care (MVVC) perform a wide range of soft tissue surgical procedures. One day it’s a dog that ate a fishing hook. On another day, it’s the cat with the baseball-sized lump. Today it might be bladder stones or a spleen removal. We’ve seen it all. Most of the time, there is a solution that can greatly increase the quality of your pet’s life.
Most surgical procedures are done in the morning and the patient can go home the same day, thanks in part to the benefits of laser surgery.
MVVC is now also scheduling orthopedic surgeries with our board-certified veterinary surgeon Dr. Kelly Might.
Some of our most common soft tissue procedures include:
- Lump (tumor and cyst) Removals
- Foreign Body Removals
- Laceration Repairs
- Bladder Stone Removal
- Internal Mass Removal
- Splenectomy (spleen removal)
- Gastropexy (stomach tacking)
- Gastric Dilation Volvulus (GDV) Surgery (stomach bloat repair)
- Entropion (eyelid resection)
- Femoral Head Ostectomy (removal of head from femur)
- Organ Biopsies
Orthopedic procedures include:
- Medial and Lateral Patella Luxation
- Coxofemoral Luxation- joint capsulorrhaphy
- Fracture Repair- DCP, LC-DCP, locking plates, and external skeletal fixators (ESF)
- Mandibular Fractures (plates, wires, acrylic fixators, intra-oral splints)
- Malunions, non-unions, angular limb deformities (ALD)
- Ulnar Ostectomy- proximal or distal
- Sarcroiliac Luxation
- Achilles Tendon Repair
- Carpal and Tarsal Arthrodesis
- Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon Repair
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO)
- Joint Taps
- Bone Biopsy
- Fragmented Medial Coronoid (FCP) Removal
- Ununited Anconeal Process (UAP) Removal
- Extracapsular Cranial Cruciate Ligament Repair
Schedule a consultation with our doctors, to discuss the options available to your pet, and what is the best choice to increase the quality of his or her life.