We are looking for a new Full Time Associate Veterinarian.
Interested in learning more? Please read on…
Manchaca Village Veterinary Care (“MVVC”) has been serving its loyal client base here in beautiful South Austin since 1975, and is one of the very few independently-owned companion animal practices in the area. Our doctor staff ranges from 3 to 30 years of tenure, and we’re looking to add a new doctor to our diverse team. This new associate position will not only address steady growth here at MVVC, but may also be considered at an additional new facility being built nearby. This is a great career growth opportunity!
MVVC is recognized for our award-winning client care and high medical standards. This is due in no small part to three generations of experience, high-level collaboration amongst management and the doctor team, independence from corporate pressure, and loyal community recognition. MVVC was awarded “Best Vet” in Austin by the Austin American Statesman, “Neighborhood Favorite” by our Nextdoor.com communities, and has more 5-star reviews on Google than any other companion animal general practice in Austin—all of which we are extremely proud of and grateful for.
Our Core Values
Everything falls into place when we prioritize our energy and expertise on our patients’ best interests first. Our doctors are strong advocates of preventative medicine, whose ultimate goal is to improve the quality of life of every pet they see. Compassion, education and premium client care are hallmarks of our reputation. As for our brand, we are known as a community resource through our active social media presence, educational neighborhood meet and greets, school presentations, sponsorship of local charities, volunteer initiatives at rescues, and partnerships with many local pet-related organizations.
But our value to the community is nothing without a strong and healthy veterinary team. Your compassion and distinguished medical acumen are rewarded by a company that believes in a high quality of life at work, which is critical to a fulfilling career and healthy home life. We care deeply about your success, happiness and work-life balance. In this family-friendly environment, we understand and support everyone’s unique needs. MVVC is a day practice with excellent technician, handler and client care support, and our compensation and benefits are generous (see below). No doctors work on-call or after-hours, and a Saturday morning shift is required just once every 5-6 weeks. Bottom line: A happy staff is an effective staff!
Quality of Care & Professional Standards
- Progressive medicine, modern equipment
- Oncura ultrasound technology, with training included
- Mandatory full-mouth digital radiographs for all dentals
- Mandatory IV catheter and fluids for all surgeries
- Regular mobile board-certified surgeon for specialty work such as orthopedic procedures
- Use of laser surgery to lessen post-op pain, bleeding and swelling
- 100% electronic medical records for efficiency and accuracy
- Fear Free™ Certification for all employees
- Nearby emergency and specialty hospitals to refer to when necessary
- Collaborative practice culture
- Excellent mentoring for younger associates by our experienced vets
- Monthly doctor meetings where medical strategy and experience are shared
Our Ideal Candidate
- DVM licensure in good standing in Texas
- Minimum of 2 years experience preferred
- High level of proficiency in preventive care, general surgery and dentistry
- Maintains accurate medical records
- A strong communicator who believes in client education and high-touch client care
- Comfortable in high growth environments
- An ethical person who possesses positive emotional intelligence
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
- Assists in marketing initiatives, such as occasional tent events and doctor blogs
- Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves, help-the-team mentality to complement our collaborative practice culture
- Participates in and contributes to strategic and medical meetings with ownership and peers
Compensation & Benefits
- Generous compensation packages, including guaranteed base salary plus commission with no negative accrual
- Aetna Medical plans including company-sponsored HSA
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability plans, 100% paid
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous match and immediate vesting
- HSA, FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans
- Paid time off
- Family-friendly environment, with flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Paid Bereavement, Maternity, Paternity and all major holidays
- Board License, DEA registration and VIN access 100% paid
- Annual CE Stipend
- Gym reimbursement
- Personalized embroidered scrubs and coats
- Quarterly team outings, and much more!
How does MVVC appeal to a DVM family?
We are family-owned—Dr. Sandra Ontiveros is the practice owner running the medical side, and her husband Rob runs the business side—together they are parents of 3 small children, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 3 rats and a hedgehog! We understand DVM parent challenges while juggling careers. We offer flexible scheduling and a collaborative associate team that backs each otherup when life arises.
Like What You’re reading?
We’d love to talk to you about why MVVC is an excellent career choice, and allow you time with Dr. O, our associates and management team, so you can learn more about what it’s like to work here, beyond what words in an ad can express. Please contact Rob Amoroso at 512-284-8242, or email him at email@example.com, and he will quickly get back to you to set up a call!
MVVC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or age. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.