Curbside “Pet Concierge” in Effect
MVVC IS OPEN and fully operational—and we’re grateful to be here serving you and your pets right now! You might be wondering how COVID-19 affects us. In short, the nature of our jobs involves multiple people (including our clients) in small indoor rooms where pets can be contained–conditions which are not ideal for avoiding the spread of COVID-19. (An exception to this is euthanasias and access to our restroom, where we’re able to give you much more space.) So for the time being, our staff is coming to your car outside in our private parking lot (aka “CURBSIDE CONCIERGE”) to take notes and retrieve your pet, instead of you bringing your pet inside to us. We’re operating this way until we receive updated guidance from local health authorities.
Inside, we’re giving your pet the same loving and undivided attention as we always do. We’ve worked hard to make the process smooth, safe and stress-free. Please read how it works below. THANK YOU for your trust and support.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- CALL US when you arrive at (512) 838-2273 and tell us what spot number you’re parked in.
- We will come out to your car to retrieve your pet. (Please have pets leashed or in carrier).
- You may WAIT IN YOUR CAR —OR— DROP-OFF. (Decided when you booked appt).
- Exam and discharge conversations with your doctor will be held outside or over the phone.
- We will bring your pet back to your car when their visit is complete (or when you return).
- Payments can be taken with contactless payments outside or over the phone.
Internal Protocols That Protect You
- We are wearing face masks, inside and out.
- We are disinfecting our hands before and after every interaction.
- Any physical interactions we have with you are outside.
- All surfaces and equipment are regularly sanitized.
- Reducing your exposure to people in tight indoor spaces by having you wait in your car.
Online Pharmacy & Pet Products
My Vet Store Online (”MVSO”) is Manchaca Village Veterinary Care’s preferred online pharmacy and pet product vendor for safe and certified products. Here you will find competitive online pricing and free shipping!
Pet Food and Prescription Refill Orders
If you require food and/or prescription refills, please use our online request form. We will contact you once your order is ready, make payment arrangements over the phone, and bring the food or refill out to your vehicle when you arrive. Please be aware there may be manufacturer delays on certain orders. We will inform you if that’s the case for your order.
Can my pet infect me?
Not likely. According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, SARS-CoV-2 is primarily transmitted person-to-person. At this time, there is no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading SARS-CoV-2. And, based on the limited data available, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to people is considered to be low.