Curbside “Pet Concierge” AND In-Person Appointments
MVVC IS OPEN and fully operational—and we’re grateful to be here serving you and your pets!
Manchaca Village Veterinary Care is offering both Curbside Service AND In-Person Appointments, to help balance the needs of our diverse client base. We follow CDC and local guidelines, so please check with us should conditions in Central Texas change.
See below for specific instructions for the type of visit you desire:
- Due to the Austin-Travis County health authority’s move to Stage 5 restrictions, MVVC requires masks to be worn by clients and staff, regardless of vaccination status. At this time, we are still accepting in-person appointments. Please limit party size whenever possible.
- If you are experiencing a fever or any flu-like symptoms, please refrain from coming inside and call us first.
CURBSIDE SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS (for pet pick-up or drop-off):
- CALL OR TEXT US when you arrive at 512-838-2273 and tell us what spot number you’re parked in, along with names and reason you are here, for example: “Hi, my name is Betty Black in spot 7, here for Penny’s 2:00 exam.”
- We will come out to your car to retrieve your pet. (Please have pets leashed or in carrier).
- You may WAIT IN YOUR CAR —OR— DROP-OFF. (Decided when you booked appt).
- Exam and discharge conversations with your doctor will be held outside or over the phone.
- We will bring your pet back to your car when their visit is complete (or when you return).
- Payments can be taken electronically outside or over the phone.
CURBSIDE SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS (for Rx and food pick-ups, and lab sample drop-offs):
- CALL OR TEXT US when you arrive at 512-838-2273 and tell us what spot number you’re parked in.
- Tell us your pet’s name and what you’re here for.
- We’ll come out to you if you’re here to pick something up, or you can leave lab samples in the box by our lobby doors.
- Payments (if applicable) can be taken electronically outside or over the phone.
Internal Protocols That Protect You
- We sanitize all surfaces between visits.
- We have installed a building-wide commercial air-purification system, to reduce the likelihood of airborne illness transmission.
- We will continue to offer curbside services to anyone who wants it, indefinitely.
Online Pharmacy & Pet Products
My Vet Store Online (”MVSO”) is Manchaca Village Veterinary Care’s preferred online pharmacy and pet product vendor for safe and certified products. Here you will find competitive online pricing and free shipping!
Pet Food and Prescription Refill Orders
If you require food and/or prescription refills, you may use use our online request form. We will contact you once your order is ready. You may pick up orders in our lobby, or we are happy to bring it out to you when you arrive. Please be aware there may be manufacturer delays on certain orders, due to ongoing covid-related supply chain issues. We will inform you if that’s the case for your order.
Can my pet infect me?
Not likely. According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, SARS-CoV-2 is primarily transmitted person-to-person. At this time, there is no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading SARS-CoV-2. And, based on the limited data available, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to people is considered to be low.