The city’s stay-at-home order does not affect essential services like ours, so we will continue providing healthcare for your pets while maintaining strict social and sanitization protocols for everyone’s safety. We’d like to explain what we are doing to mitigate health risks for both you and our staff, as well as keep you informed about policy changes. MVVC REMAINS OPEN to keep your fur family healthy, while we maintain tight control of our facility and processes.
Please check back here for there latest updates on our availability and protocols, as conditions can change overnight. THANK YOU for your trust and support during these difficult times.
Curbside Pet Concierge In Effect
In order to dramatically reduce the health risks to both you and our staff, we are now working with our clients individually from our private parking lot. Our lobby will be closed to the public until conditions improve. This will be a safe and convenient process, while your pet continues to receive our undivided attention.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- CALL US when you arrive at (512) 838-2273
- We will come out to your car to retrieve your pet (please have pets leashed or in carrier).
- You may WAIT IN YOUR CAR —or— DROP-OFF.
- Exam and discharge conversations with your doctor will be held over the phone.
- We bring your pet back to your car when their visit is complete (or when you return).
- Payments can be taken over the phone.
Internal Protocols That Protect You
- We are sanitizing before and after every interaction.
- Any physical interactions we have with you are outside, 6 feet away.
- All surfaces and equipment are being sanitized constantly, so that we are not giving the virus a chance to thrive.
- We have created separate teams of staff that will alternate and never work together, to reduce infection risks and create backup options. We will be closed for an hour midday to sanitize the building between shifts.
- Surgeries are prioritized based on urgency to conserve medical supplies.
- Lastly, every pet we bring inside is getting the same exact loving, compassionate and thorough attention that they would normally receive.
Online Pharmacy & Pet Products
My Vet Store Online (”MVSO”) is Manchaca Village Veterinary Care’s preferred pharmacy and pet product vendor for safe and certified products. Here you will find competitive online pricing and free shipping.
Pet Food and Prescription Refill Orders
If you require food and/or prescription refills, please use our online request form. We will contact you once your order is ready, make payment arrangements over the phone, and bring the food or refill out to your vehicle when you arrive. Please be aware there are manufacturer delays on certain orders. We will inform you if that’s the case for your order.
For a temporary period of time, we are adjusting our hours to allow for disinfecting the hospital between shifts, and reducing exposure for our staff.
Morning Drop-Off begins at 7:30am
8:00am – 12:30pm AND 1:30pm – 6:00pm
12:30pm – 1:30pm
CLOSED on Saturday and Sunday
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) states that infectious disease experts and multiple international and domestic human and animal health organizations, all agree there is no evidence at this point to indicate that pets become ill with Covid-19 or that they spread it to other animals, including people. Stay up to date with the CDC on the matter.