Although it's name may sound harmless, bloat is a life-threatening emergency for dogs. The condition, formally called gastric dilation-volvulus (GDV), can quickly kill dogs if they don't receive p ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Dog Parks in Austin
Austin Parks and Recreation Department operates 12 off-leash areas in Austin for you to enjoy with your dog. In general, all parks are open for public use each day from 5 AM to 10 PM unless otherwise posted. At times, access is limited or affected by events or maintenance issues.
While in off-leash areas, please observe these rules:
• Dogs must be within sight and sound control of Owners/handlers at all times
• Dogs in heat are not allowed in off-leash areas
• Rabies vaccinations are required for all dogs as required by State Law
• Owners/handlers must clean up after their dogs and deposit waste into a trash can
• Aggressive dogs must be removed from public spaces immediately
Below is a map of Austin's off-leash areas.